Coordinator for National/International Student Teaching Program
Contact Dr. Marie Tuttle for information or attend one of the Information Meetings!
Dr. Marie Tuttle
Phone: (801) 422-8117
Student Teaching Sites
- Location: Schools in Aldine Independent School District, located 17 miles north of downtown Houston
- Cost: BYU tuition, transportation, housing, food, and personal expenses
* For more specific information on this site, as well as student checklists and applications, please visit the Houston student teaching page.
- Location: Inner city schools in the heart of Washington, DC
- Cost: BYU tuition, transportation, housing, food, and personal expenses.
* For more specific information on this site, as well as student checklists and applications, please visit the Washington, DC student teaching page.
|You will pay regular BYU tuition.|
|Housing costs depend on the location (more details on site pages).|
|You need to plan between $100–$150 per month.|
|Current rates vary; all travel is the obligation of the student.|
|Miscellaneous expenses and local travel are the obligation of the student.|
Application Requirements and Deadlines
- Elementary Education majors, if you do/did the New Zealand Cohort 2 program, you are not eligible for national/international student teaching. To do both would take you away from BYU for two of your four semesters in the program, which is not acceptable. If you did not participate in the New Zealand program, you are welcome to apply for any of the other programs. To be considered for any of national/international programs, you must have a signed statement of approval from your liaison.
- Secondary Education majors, Washington, DC, does not have any teaching opportunities in Family and Consumer Sciences Education, so student teaching in Washington, DC is not an option for FACSEd majors. To be considered for national/international student teaching, students in all majors must have a signed statement of approval from their department/major program supervisor.
- The regular Student Teaching Application must be filled out and submitted to Education Advisement Center (350 MCKB) by the deadlines listed below.
- The National/International Student Teaching Information Form must also be filled out and submitted to the Education Advisement Center by the deadlines listed below.
|Site||For Fall Semester||For Winter Semester||For Spr/Sum Term|
|Houston||Jan. 15||Sept. 15||N/A|
|Washington, DC||Jan. 15||Sept. 15||N/A|
Page updated 8/1/11
Although the Education Advisement Center makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information found on this website, we reserve the right to make changes at any time. Students should regularly consult with their department, college advisement center, the university catalog, and the Education Advisement Center for updates and changes.