The Arts Express Summer Conference for Elementary Educators is a two-day conference that provides arts integration instruction in all five art forms--dance, drama, media arts, music, and visual arts--along with ways to integrate the arts with core curriculum. The conference is for classroom teachers, administrators, and parents to attend together as they work to create a school rich in arts instruction and integration.
As a conclusion to the first day of the conference, a guest artist is invited to give a performance for the particpants. Past guest artists have included Jon Schmidt and ~AirFare~, a clarinet and flute duo. The culminating event for Arts Express in an "Informance" during which teachers demonstrate skills and products developed during the conference. We believe that arts do not always need to be experienced in perfect performance, so instead of performing for each, we inform each other about the learning received in the workshops.
Click the banner below to register for Arts Express 2013
Goals of Arts Express
- Increase teachers' skills in the arts--dance, drama, media arts, music and visual arts
- Increase teachers' skills in arts integration
- Provide a space for teachers who are interested in the arts to collaborate and network with one another
- Provide aesthetic arts experiences for teachers
- Provide support and encouragement for teachers in teaching and integrating the arts in their classrooms