School Leadership Program
The vision of the School Leadership Program is to influence the field and practice of school leadership by preparing individuals to be competent, caring and qualified educational leaders who have a compelling sense of purpose for continuous improvement of schools and learning for all students.
PREPARE Effective School Leaders
PURSUE Dynamic Stability & Responsiveness to Stakeholders
PROVIDE a Graduate Program of Excellence
Focus of Student Learning Outcomes
- Professional Knowledge
- Learning Communities
- Strategic Decision-Making and Change
- Effective & Caring Leadership
Two Tracks to School Leadership
The School Leadership Program is available through two different tracks. Both tracks have the same faculty and curriculum. The key difference between the tracks is found in the structure of their schedule and the resulting internship opportunities.
LPP Track: Leadership Preparation Program (full-time)
- 12 months of full-time study
- 2 months part-time study (first spring term)
- One-year, extensive internship (4/day week)
ExSL Track: Executive School Leadership Program (part-time)
- 22 months of part-time study
- Part-time internships, over the course of program
- Ability to customize course and internship pacing
- Work closely with the BYU Public School Partnership.
- Base curriculum on current research in the field of educational leadership.
- Share the same vision, mission, aims, goals and the ability to complete the State-required administrative internship.
- Are designed with a cohort of students (12-15) who go through the program together.
- Include a variety of program activities, including field trips to schools, internship workshops, Praxis workshops, guest speakers and social activities.
- Provide the opportunity to be recommended to the State of Utah to receive administrative licensure.
For more information:
- Contact the Department Secretary: 801-422-4291, email@example.com