Employee Portal

Financial Aid and Scholarships



  • Scholarships are offered to full-time undergraduate and graduate students officially admitted to a McKay School program (part-time undergraduates not eligible).

  • Other undergraduate students majoring in a teacher education program are also eligible.

  • Criteria vary by specific scholarships as that some scholarships are academic and others are needs based.

  • Students receiving scholarships from other sources are discouraged from applying for an MSE scholarship. Other sources include, but are not limited to: grants; financial support from family/friends; other scholarships; financial aid from federal, state, or local government agencies; or scholarships from BYU or any of its departments or organizations.

Specific Qualifications

  • Undergraduates must be enrolled in courses comprising 14 or more credit hours, unless enrolled in a student teaching/internship class, which reduces the required credit load to 12.

  • Applicants must be in good standing, and their accounts must be free of any holds.

  • Applicants must maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA.

ESS Scholarship Application for Undergraduate Students

  • Opens December 1st

  • Closes March 1st

  • Scholarships are awarded for fall/winter only

  • Please contact ESS if you have any problems with the application, 801-422-3426 or ess@byu.edu

Other Resources

BYU's National Scholarships, Fellowships, and Programs (NSFP) Office

Donate to McKay School Scholarship Fund 

Page updated 6/22/2015

Although Education Student Services makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information found on this website, we reserve the right to make changes at any time. Students should regularly consult with their department, college advisement center, the university catalog, and Education Student Services for updates and changes.

Department List Content Types: