Course Description (33 Credit Hours)
The Master of Arts in Teacher Education program is tailored for the working professional. It is a two-year evening and summer-intensive program, that is theory and practice based. Course work is completed on the Brigham Young University (BYU) campus.
Curriculum Core (12 Credits)
- TEd 610: Foundations of Teacher Education (3)
- TEd 611: Theories of Learning & Teaching (3)
- TEd 612: Teacher Learning, Development, & Mentoring (3)
- TEd 613: Curriculum Theory, Design & Assessment (3)
Research Courses (9 Credits)
- TEd 691: Introduction to Educational Research (3)
- TEd 692: Quantitative Data Analysis (3)
- T Ed 693: Qualitative Data Analysis (3)
Thesis (6 Credits)
- TEd: 699R: Master's Thesis (6)
Electives (6 Credits)
Student chooses two electives within or outside the department.