Students in the David O. McKay School of Education are encouraged to seek out and apply for awards and grants. Below are awards that can be applied for directly by students. For more information about BYU grants and awards that faculty can apply for on behalf of students, please see http://education.byu.edu/research/grants.
BYU Student Awards and Grants
BYU Graduate Studies (Graduate Students)
BYU Office of Research and Creative Activities (Undergraduate Students)
Harold B. Lee Library (Undergraduate or Graduate Students)
- Student Research Grant
- Up to $1,500 each year. Submission deadline is September 30. Professor or librarian mentorship required.
External Student Awards and Grants
American Educational Research Association
- Graduate Student Research Excellence Award
- Outstanding Graduate Student Research Award
- Outstanding Dissertation Award http://www.aera.net/Division-J/Awards, and http://www.aera.net/Division-A/Awards, and http://www.aera.net/SIG168/Awards/Outstanding-Dissertation-Award
- Best Student Paper Awards http://www.aera.net/SIG052/Awards, and http://www.aera.net/SIG064/Awards
- Graduate Student Travel Grant
- Educational History Presentation Award
- The program provides grants for individually designed study/research projects or English teaching assistant programs.
- Available for recent graduates; master's and doctoral candidates; and young professionals with up to five years of study and/or experience in their field.
- For more information, contact Kristen Kellems, BYU’s Fulbright campus representative, at KCKellems@byu.edu.
Phi Kappa Phi
- BYU School of Education Essay Contest: $600 (Email faculty advisor for more information)
- Literacy Grants
- Study Abroad Award
- Love of Learning Essay Contest
- Fellowships for students starting graduate study
- Fellowships for doctoral research
All students are encouraged to present their scholarly work at professional conferences.