Student Teaching/Internship Application & Deadlines

Application Deadlines*

Student Teaching


Fall Semester                                     
Available: December 6
Due: January 15
Fall/Winter School Year                           
Available: December 6
Due: January 15
Winter Semester
Available: August 1
Due: September 15 
(No special education apps)
Spring/Summer Terms                               
Available: December 6
Due: January 15
(Minors Only)


Who should complete this application?

All students who need to enroll in student teaching (including students going to Houston,TX, or Washington, D.C.) and students wishing to enroll in an internship.

Application Instructions


To access the student teaching application, you must be in Transition 2 in the mYlink system.

Students enter the Transition 2 stage after they have successfully completed the application process for their program in the mYlink system.

To assure that you are in Transition 2 in the mYlink system, view your Student Map on your Dashboard. You can access your mYlink Dashboard by clicking the Home icon. Transition 1 will show all green check marks, and Transition 2 will indicate a list of tasks to complete and you should have a red X next to the student teaching application.

If you are experiencing any difficulties accessing/completing the student teaching application or confirming that you are in Transition 2, please contact the EPP Support Team at (801) 422-1190.

Application Links


The student teaching application is available to complete and submit online at

Once in the mYlink system, hover over the Applications drop down menu.

Click on the link "New Student Teaching Application."

Transition 2 items to complete are listed on the left side of the screen. This includes the student teaching application.

Instructions for each step will be indicated on the screen when you click on the task.

List of secondary education university supervisors

List of elementary/ECE  university liaisons

Page updated 8/1/2017

Although the Education Advisement Center makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information found on this website, we reserve the right to make changes at any time. Students should regularly consult with their department, college advisement center, the university catalog, and the Education Advisement Center for updates and changes.