Congratulations on completing your BYU-Public School Partnership Reading Endorsement classes. In order to receive your official state endorsement, you will need to complete the following steps.
Be Sure Requirements Are Completed
- Finish university coursework in each of the required areas.
- Include with your application documentation of a passing score (154 or higher) on the Praxis Teaching Reading (0204) test (which is one of the eight requirements).
- The Praxis Test is facilitated by ETS, a non-BYU entity. To register for the state-specified Praxis test, go to: www.ets.org/praxis . Phone: 1-800-772-9476
- When completing your online application with ETS, you will need to key Brigham Young University in TWO locations: (1) as one of your Institutions and (2) as one of your test score recipients. ETS will then send your Praxis test results to BYU.
- Please keep a copy of your Praxis test result in a permanent file system for future use. You will have approximately 30 days once your Praxis test results are posted on the ETS website to retrieve your test results before they are removed from the ETS system. After that time, you will be required to pay an additional fee to have ETS send you a copy.
Send the following Documents
- Your list of completed classes, including instructor, class title, date of class
- Your university transcript(s) with the relevant reading courses highlighted (photo copies or internet transcripts NOT acceptable)
- A copy of your Praxis test results
- A completed USOE application, which can be downloaded at http://schools.utah.gov/cert/Alternative-Routes-to-Licensure/Application.aspx
- A check for $25.00 written to USOE (Approval will be posted to CACTUS.)
Address to send documents:
Attn: Alena Allred
Provo, UT 84602
We will verify the information, write a letter confirming the completion of the required classes, and submit the documentation to BYU's Educational Student Services, where it will be recorded and sent to USOE.