In addition to the specifications and eccentricities of the academic disciplines (such as APA), BYU has its own list of requirements and standards for theses and dissertations. These can be downloaded or printed from the Graduate Studies website.
Formats and components for these pages will be briefly summarized here to provide a simple, easy-to-access guide that will keep you on track during preparatory stages. When you get to the stages of final revising and polishing, be sure that you have the specific Graduate Studies documents in front of you.
- Formatting the Beast
- Preparing Preliminary Pages
- BYU's Title Page for Theses and Dissertations
- Copyright Page
- Graduate Committee Approval Page
- Final Reading Approval And Acceptance Page
- Acknowledgments Page
- Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETD)