In Dual Language Immersion (DLI) classrooms across the country, children are learning content taught in a second language. This program will help produce highly fluent bilingual speakers in reading, writing, speaking, & thinking.
- Speaking, reading, writing and other activities in a second language
- DLI Minor prepares educators to teach in a bilingual school
- Approved languages
- Credit requirements for minor: 20 (about 3 semesters)
- Contact Dr. Alex Rosborough: email@example.com
Portuguese: Starting fall, 2014 - Dual Immersion teaching minors at BYU who are interested in teaching Portuguese should now take the new methods class, Port 377, taught by Dr. Blair Bateman.
The DLI minor is expanding:
- The introductory course for Dual Language Immersion, FLang 300, may be offered winter, 2016, T&TH 5:00-6:20 (Knell, Ellen). Registered FLANG 300 Students are eligible to take one free OPI exam during the duration of this course.
- TELL 435 will also be offered spring, 2016. Contact Heather Krieger at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Alex Rosborough at email@example.com for more information.