The School Leadership Program embraces the mission and aims of Brigham Young University and develops competent educational leaders of faith, intellect, and character who have a vision and a compelling sense of purpose for the continuous improvement of schools and enhancement of learning for all.
In the graduate program students will acquire the knowledge and skills to facilitate, motivate, and lead high levels of learning for all students and teachers.
The curriculum offered to our students focuses on developing effective school leaders, based on current research. The EDLF faculty members work to align this curriculum with local priorities and accreditation standards and to prepare students to pass the state-required Administrative Praxis Examination (ETS 0411) .
The School Leadership Program has chosen three aims to accomplish its mission and vision:
- Prepare effective school leaders
- Pursue dynamic stability and responsiveness in program improvement
- Provide a graduate program of excellence
Program and Student Performance Data
- The 2016 Program Statistics provide admissions, performance and placement data for the recent 2014 and 2015 cohorts by track (LPP, ExSL, & LO).
- Please note in this report that the School Leadership Program's first-year administrative placement rate for the 2014 and 2015 cohorts was 60%! (National average = 10%)