How Can You Help?
Everyone can help! We need people of all ages with autism spectrum disorders and people without autism to register to be contacted for current and future research.
Registering helps researchers find people to participate in research projects that help us find answers to questions about autism and how it affects families. Registering also helps you connect to research projects and news that may benefit your family and others.
Ongoing (approved) study:
Infant Research Opportunity at BYU
View flyer here
Do you have an infant between 5-12 months old? We would love to have them participate.
- We are especially looking for infants who have siblings who have been diagnosed with ASD.
- Others are also welcome.
- Study includes the infant looking at simple images to determine preference for old vs. new stimuli.
- Families will be paid $10 for participation (about 30-40 minutes).
- Look for the flyer under “Lundwall” on the Autism Connect website.
Research Opportunity for Girls and Women
We will soon be recruiting girls and women 14+ years old who find social interactions confusing, anxiety-provoking, and/or exhausting or who feel they may fit somewhere within the broader autism phenotype, whether they have been diagnosed or not.
- We will administer an ADOS and other assessments and provide symptom scores (not an official diagnosis)
- We will collect developmental histories with the objective of describing the experiences of growing up for these girls and women.
- This study is not yet open, but you may contact us through the Autism Connect website or directly at Rebecca_Lundwall@byu.edu.
BYU has a groundbreaking interdisciplinary team of researchers working together to find answers to complex autism questions faster. We study questions from different angles and across the lifespan.
Questions or comments? Email us at email@example.com or call us at 801-422-5055.
New Study of Autism Prevalence in Four-Year-Olds Underscores Need for Earlier Detection
Apr 13th, 2016 9:52pm MDT
Less-severely affected children were more likely to be missed at four years of age than at eight…
Nebo School District Parent/Educator Support Meeting Group Perfectly Prevented II Workshop
Apr 13th, 2016 9:48pm MDT
Preregister for an incredible workshop tomorrow: Thursday, April 14th, at 7pm.
Lifetime Cost of Autism
Apr 13th, 2016 9:41pm MDT
Study pegs cost of services for autism's growing adult population.