Cohort Learning Groups
Candidates enter as a cohort, enabling control of class sizes and providing opportunities for participants to build relationships with other professionals.
Teacher Friendly Structure
The courses are offered in the evenings and during the summer, allowing candidates to continue their professional assignments while completing the program.
- Summer intensive load
- Fall & Winter evening classes one day a week
- Spring classes two days a week
Candidates complete the schedule with evening and summer coursework during a two-year period.
Program prepares teachers to:
- Improve their practice as teachers
- Become teacher leaders in schools, districts, and other educational settings
- Pursue doctoral studies or other advanced scholarship
The courses enhance candidates' ability to work with both children and teachers and to promote democracy in schools, while also preparing candidates to conduct original research in education settings.
Preference will be given to candidates who have had experience as full-time certified teachers for at least one year.