Through TELL courses teachers learn research-based principles and processes of second language acquisition (SLA) and examine ways that English language learners should be taught. Because of the holistic program design, the curriculum packs courses with relevant content, provides strategic redundancy, and builds knowledge across courses. The links below describe how each course contributes to the knowledge, skills, and dispositions of teachers. When they complete the endorsement, teachers will be prepared to meet the educational needs of language minority students.
- Foundations of Bilingual Education (TELL 400)
- Understanding Language Acquisition (TELL 410)
- Assessment for Linguistically Diverse Students (TELL 420)
- Developing Second Language Literacy (TELL 430)
- Integrating Content and Language Instruction (TELL 440)
- Family, School, and Community Partnerships (TELL 450)
- TESOL K-12 Student Teaching (TELL 477R)