- USOE- Beverley Taylor Sorenson Arts Learning Program
- Friends of Art Works for Kids provides the advocacy for this program
- Opportunities for Professional Development for Faculty provided by BYU
- USOE Fine Arts Endorsement
Activities and Tools
- Marko Johnson, didgeridoo maker, player and teacher, email@example.com, 801-487-7110
- Gary Hansen http://stuffiliketomake.webs.com/ 801-230-9467
Research and Reports
- Collections and other Materials of Interest
- Arts Research Compilation This collection of citations from arts education research articles is sorted by topics pertinent to arts education in order to organize and make accessible the vast amount of information found in arts education research articles, with particular emphasis on the outcomes of including the arts in education.
- National Endowment for the Arts Publications This list of publications by the National Endowment for the Arts can be obtained in pdf or purchased as a hard copy.
- 21st Century Skills Arts Map Designed in cooperation with the nation’s arts educators in 2010, this document “illustrate[s] the intersection between 21st Century Skills and the Arts.” Click to download a PDF.
- Newspaper and Magazine Articles
- Book Tackles Old Debate: Role of Art in Schools by Robin Pogrebin, August 4, 2007 This article reviews a book by publishers of a controversial study defending their thesis that arts education should be taught because of its own merits, not because it raises test scores.
- Teaching’s an Art in Challenging Times by Mike Leidemann, Honolulu Advisor, May 21, 2007. This article highlights an elementary school focused on integrating the arts.
- Research Publications
- A Snapshot of Arts Education in Public Elementary and Secondary Schools: 2009–10 This report provides selected national data on the status of arts education.