- The Department of Educational Leadership and Foundations was founded in 1960.
- More than half of the administrators in Utah graduated from the BYU Department of Educational Leadership and Foundations.
- The number of graduates in 2012 was 56.
Our mission is to improve the equity and quality of teaching and learning environments throughout the world. We accomplish this mission through the integration of research, teaching, and service to strengthen educational opportunities for all people worldwide. This integrated mission is threefold:
- Explore and expand the knowledge of educational theory, policy, practice and leadership
- Foster the growth of educational leaders of faith and character who possess the requisite knowledge, skills, and dispositions.
- Build the capacity of individuals, families, communities, states and nations to identify and solve educational problems.