The TEC Lab (technology, education, computing) provides technology support to the McKay School of Education and the secondary education programs in the BYU Educator Preparation Program (EPP).
The goal of the TEC Lab is to improve the quality of teaching and learning by helping faculty and students appropriately integrate technology into their experiences at BYU and in the public schools.
Services Provided by the TEC Lab
- Administration of the Technology Skills Assessment
- Check out equipment to education majors
- Help students and faculty troubleshoot
Areas of the TEC Lab
See map below
Technology available for student and faculty use
- Mac OS and Windows desktop computers
- Mac OS and Windows laptop computers
- Video editing stations
- Image editing stations (scanning)
- Signature card printing (black/white and color)
- Still and digital video cameras