Thesis & Dissertation
Thesis & Dissertation Aids
McKay School of Education Checklist for Formats and Conventions of Theses and Dissertations
This document describes the important writing and formatting requirements of the MSE and BYU Graduate Studies. Each student must submit the completed checklist to the dean's office with their thesis/dissertation for approval.
APA for Novices: A Struggling Student's Guide to Theses, Dissertations, and Advanced Course Papers by Sharon Black (2006)
The following text can be downloaded and used as a guide. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you look over this before you begin the writing process. It has been updated to reflect APA 6th Edition Guidelines.
APA for Novices
- Title Page
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Hoops and Barriers: Things That Shouldn't Matter, But Do
- Chapter 2: Crafts and Puzzles: Bringing All Parts into Place.
- Chapter 3: The Papers Trail: Controlling Your Reference Base
- Chapter 4: The Fine Art of Sentencing: Who Did What? - and How?
- Chapter 5: Hurdles: Avoiding Clashes and Crashes
- Chapter 6: Small Stressors: Mechanics Most Haven't Memorized
The following individuals can be hired to support students in the formatting and writing process. It is not mandatory to hire an editor. Average prices range from $15-20 per hour ($1-3 per page equivalent). Inclusion in this list does not constitute an endorsement by the McKay School of Education.