To add this person's contact info to Google, first click the link to download the .csv file. Then sign into contacts.google.com, click on Import Contacts, and upload the .csv file you have downloaded.
Office: 340-L MCKB
Dr. Jared Morris is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Counseling Psychology and Special Education at Brigham Young University. Jared completed his PhD in special education with a minor in educational psychology at The Pennsylvania State University. He also completed a graduate certificate in applied behavior analysis at The Pennsylvania State University. He received a master’s degree in special education from The University of Utah, a bachelor’s degree in English from Brigham Young University and an associate degree from Utah Valley State College. Jared taught students with disabilities in various settings for five years.
Jared's teaching interests include:
- Instructional methods for teaching individuals with severe disabilities
- Instructional methods for teaching individuals with mild/moderate disabilities
- Mentored teaching experience (Practicum)
- Teaching mathematics to students with disabilities
- Introduction to special education
- Social and behavioral strategies for students with severe disabilities
Jared's research interests include:
- Instructional practices and interventions to increase academic engagement in students with Autism and students with learning disabilities.
- Using explicit instruction and technology, including video modeling, augmented reality, and virtual reality, to teach academic content to individuals with disabilities.
- Using principles of applied behavior analysis to increase teacher effectiveness.