sip a bit from a cap
Sip a Bit from a Cap
- Bottle caps
- Name tags*
- A Little Bit of a Sip target text*
- Get a Bit of a Sip or a Big Drink target text*
*Items included below.
State the Objective
Tell the children that they will get a sip to drink and read and write short vowel words such as get, let, sip, can, and drink.
Introduce target words
- Show the children the words: tip, sip, get, let, can, drink, bit, big.
- Read the target words with the children.
- Read the A Little Bit of a Sip target text and the Get a Bit of a Sip or a Big Drink target text (see below) with the children.
Make name tags
- Give each child a blank name tag (see below).
- Let the children label the name tags kid, cat, and dog.
- If the children pick the tag that says ‘kid’, let them pretend to take a sip of a drink like a kid.
- If the children wear a tag that says ‘dog’ or ‘cat’, let them pretend to lap up water
Let kids get a bit of a drink
- Give the children a cap or a cup.
- Ask if the children want to get a little sip from a cap or if they want a big sip from a cup.
- Let the children take little sips from the caps and big sips from the cups.
- Make comments such as “Get a big drink from a cup!” and “Cats can drink little sips from a cap.”
Write sentences using target words and phrases
Tell the children to write short sentences about taking a bit of a sip or a big sip from a cup or cap .
- I’ll let you get a ___ (drink).
- Take a drink from a ____ (cap).
- Let the cat get a ____ (sip).
- Do you want a ____ (big) drink?
- You can get a big drink from a ___ (cup).
- Did you get a sip from a ___ (cap)?
SEEL Target Texts
A Little Bit of a Sip
Want just a little drink?
I’ll let you get a drink.
You can take a sip.
You can take a sip from a cap.
You get just a little bit of a sip from a cap.
Let a cat get a sip.
Let him get a sip of a drink from a cap.
It is just a little bit of a drink.
Get a Bit of a Sip or a Big Drink
Want a little bit of a drink?
You can get a little bit of a drink from a cap.
But, do you want a big drink?
You can get a big drink from a cup.
SEEL lessons align with Common Core Standards. Please see the standards page for the code(s) associated with this lesson.
Sip a Bit from a Cap