- Clock face
- T-shaped spinner for clock
- Letter cards
- T Actions
- Small pieces of paper or sticky notes
The children will use a special clock to help them tell T time as they recognize and name the uppercase letter T and the lowercase letter t.
- Write the uppercase letter T and the lowercase letter t on a whiteboard, name the letters, and have the children write the T and t in the air with their fingers.
- Sit in a circle around the spinner and give each child a T letter card.
- Have a child twirl the T-shaped spinner.
- When the T-shaped spinner stops, have the children say, “It’s T time.”
- Instruct the children to perform the T action corresponding to the number where the T-shaped spinner stopped.
- Play the game until each child has a turn to twirl the spinner.
Identify the target letter
- Show the children the T actions list and have them circle the uppercase letter T and lowercase letter t each time it occurs in the text.
Write the target letter
- Have the children write the uppercase letter T and lowercase letter t on small pieces of paper or sticky notes.
- Let the children use the letter cards that they made to repeat the T time activity.
SEEL At Home
Recognize and name the uppercase letter T and the lowercase letter t.
- T Actions list
- Uppercase letter T
- Clock face
- Brad or pin
Activity: It's T Time
- Attach the T to the clock face with a pin or brad to create a spinner.
- Help your child make a T letter card to use in the activity.
- Take turns spinning the T and saying "It's T time!" each time the spinner stops. Then perform the action on the T Actions list corresponding to the number on the spinner.
- Repeat as many times as desired.
- Have your child circle the uppercase letter T and lowercase letter t each time it occurs in the T Actions list.
SEEL lessons align with Common Core Standards. Please see the standards page for the code(s) associated with this lesson.