The Tooth Booth
- Pictures of teeth*
- Word cards*
- Tooth Booth target text*
- The Tooth Fairy Is Thankful for Teeth target text*
*Items included below.
State and Model the Objective
Tell the children that they will think of things that they are thankful for and will read and write words spelled with th, such as think, thing, thank, and tooth.
Read about the Tooth Fairy
- Read The Tooth Fairy Is Thankful for Teeth (found below) to the children and point out words with th.
- Ask the children if they have ever left a tooth for the Tooth Fairy.
Take the path to the tooth booth
- Instruct the children to make signs that read Path to the tooth booth this way, and Path to the Tooth Fairy that way.
- Place the signs on the floor like stepping stones to lead to a pretend tooth booth.
- Have the children read the signs as they step on them.
- Tell the children to pretend to give teeth to the Tooth Fairy at the tooth booth.
- Have the children write tooth on the pictures of teeth (found below).
- Have the children walk along the path to the tooth booth and give three teeth to the Tooth Fairy.
Sort words with th
- Read the words on the path to a tooth booth.
- Point out that the letters th make the /th/ sound.
- Have the children sort word cards (found below) into two piles: th at the beginning and th at the end.
Read target words in texts
- Read the words tooth, teeth, booth, and path with the children.
- Read Tooth Booth (found below) to the children.
- Engage the children in reading the text with you while you provide support.
Write about the activity
- Help the children create a word wall with words that have a th (e.g., think, thing, thank, thankful, thumb, bath, bathtub, tooth, booth, path, three).
- Have the children write about going on a path to a tooth booth and finding teeth or the Tooth Fairy.
SEEL Target Texts
Do you have three teeth to give to the Tooth Fairy?
Maybe you could take three teeth to the Tooth Fairy.
You can find the Tooth Fairy at the tooth booth.
Follow the path to the tooth booth.
Bring one tooth or three teeth to the Tooth Fairy at the tooth booth.
Go along the path to get to the tooth booth.
When you get to the tooth booth, give one tooth or three teeth to the Tooth Fairy.
Give the tooth or the teeth to the Tooth Fairy at the tooth booth.
The Tooth Fairy will be thankful for teeth!
The Tooth Fairy is Thankful for Teeth
First there was one tooth.
Then there was another tooth.
Both teeth were left at the tooth booth.
Now there were three teeth at the tooth booth.
The Tooth Fairy was thankful for all three teeth.
The Tooth Fairy would also be thankful for thirteen teeth.
SEEL lessons align with Common Core Standards. Please see the standards page for the code(s) associated with this lesson.
The Tooth Booth