Course Description (33 Credit Hours)
The Master of Arts in Teacher Education program is tailored for the working professional. It is a two-year program with most classes during the summer or in the evening that is theory and practice based. Coursework is completed on the Brigham Young University (BYU) campus.
Curriculum Core (12 Credits)
- TEd 610: Foundations of Teacher Education (3)
- TEd 611: Theories of Learning & Teaching (3)
- TEd 612: Teacher Learning, Development, & Mentoring (3)
- TEd 613: Curriculum Theory, Design & Assessment (3)
Research Courses (9 Credits)
- TEd 691: Introduction to Educational Research (3)
- TEd 692: Quantitative Data Analysis (3)
- T Ed 693: Qualitative Data Analysis (3)
Thesis (6 Credits)
- TEd: 699R: Master's Thesis (6)
Electives (6 Credits)
- Student chooses two electives within or outside the department.