Course Description (33 Credit Hours)
The Master of Arts in Teacher Education program is tailored for the working professional. It is a two-year program with most classes during the summer or in the evening. Courses are theory and practice based. Coursework is completed on the Brigham Young University (BYU) campus.
Curriculum Core (12 Credits)
- TEd 610: Foundations of Teacher Education (3)
- TEd 611: Theories of Learning and Teaching (3)
- TEd 612: Teacher Learning, Development, and Mentoring (3)
- TEd 613: Curriculum Theory, Design, and Assessment (3)
Research Courses (9 Credits)
- TEd 691: Introduction to Educational Research (3)
- TEd 692: Quantitative Data Analysis (3)
- TEd 693: Qualitative Data Analysis (3)
Thesis (6 Credits)
- TEd 699R: Master's Thesis (6)
Electives (6 Credits)
- Student chooses two electives within or outside the department.