- Preference will be given to applicants who provide evidence of successful experience as a full-time certified teacher for a minimum of one year (e.g., letter from principal or district representative).
Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Students must have an undergraduate GPA of 3.25 or above.
Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- The teacher education program requires applicants to submit scores for the GRE.
- Average scores for the 2014 cohort
- Quantitative: 149
- Verbal: 154
- Submit your application no later than 9:59 p.m. Mountain Standard Time by February 1.
- Obtain an Ecclesiastical Endorsement. Agree to abide by the Honor Code and receive an Ecclesiastical Endorsement. All applicants should start the process early to obtain an endorsement. All applicants need an endorsement interview with a bishop and a stake president (or local religious leader and BYU chaplain) before your application can be fully considered. Current or continuing BYU students applying for graduate school must also obtain a new endorsement. Start this process at endorse.byu.edu.
- Submit your unofficial transcript. See instructions on the Graduate Studies website for how to upload your transcript to your application.
- Request three letters of recommendation. Request three online letters of recommendation from three professors or professionals. Letters are sent electronically through the application. You will need the recommenders names and e-mail addresses.
- Submit a statement of intent. The application provides general instructions for preparing this document. In addition, please follow this link for more specific prompts in preparing your Statement of Intent.
- Submit a resume. Applicants must include a current resume with the application.
- Submit GRE test scores. Use BYUs institution code (-4019).
Applications are due February 1. Students are admitted every even-numbered year beginning summer term. All application materials must be submitted online to the Graduate Studies office, which will forward items required by the department. Applicants may check the status of their application at any time.
Student Visa Requirements
- The MA in Teacher Education program is a part-time program and does not meet the credit requirements for a student visa. International students who do not require a student visa to study in the United States, should contact the Graduate Coordinator or Graduate Program Manager for further information.
Questions concerning the requirements and procedures for program application and admission should be directed to one of the following:
- Dr. Ramona Cutri, Graduate Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- T Ed Graduate Secretary (801) 422-2089
Department of Teacher Education
Brigham Young University
Provo UT 84602
Telephone: (801) 422-2089
Fax: (801) 422-0652