- Begin or continue discussions with your principal about your interests in administration.
- Look for and act on leadership opportunities at your school.
- Plan now to study for and take the GRE at least two months before the application deadline. Those who already have a Master's degree are not required to submit graduate exam scores.
- Call or email us if you have questions at (801) 422-4291 or email@example.com, respectively.
The School Leadership Program has both a full-time track (LPP) and a part-time track (ExSL) and an accelerated track (APP). All three tracks admit 15 students every year, and you may apply to more than one track. See the Program Tracks page for more information and videos of alumni describing each track.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all application materials are submitted by the application deadline. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The application deadline for both tracks of the School Leadership Program is February 2.
Applicants for All Tracks
- Complete the BYU Graduate Studies Application.*
*Note that those who already have a Master's degree are not required to submit graduate exam scores.
- Complete the Ecclesiastical Endorsement for Graduate Admission—BYU's Honor Code commitment and confidential report from an ecclesiastical leader.
- Await notification. Qualified applicants will be invited to an on-campus screening that involves interviews and group interactions. This screening will also give applicants opportunities to meet faculty and school administrators.
Campus screening will occur shortly after February 2.
Admission Notification: Applicants will be notified of admission decisions within two weeks of the campus screening, and they are expected to notify the program of their acceptance (or not) in a timely manner. Those who are applying to both tracks may wait for the admission decision from both tracks before finalizing their acceptance. Applicants may be placed on a waiting list pending an open slot.
Program Orientation: Program orientation will be held in early April prior to starting the program. Dates for the orientation will be included in the admission notification letter.
Please refer to the financial aid page.
Questions concerning the requirements and procedures for program application and admission should be directed to one of the following:
- David Boren, director of the School Leadership Program: firstname.lastname@example.org
- EdLF graduate secretary: (801) 422-4291
Department of Educational Leadership and Foundations (EdLF)
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602
Telephone: (801) 422-4291
Fax: (801) 422-0196