Do you want to be a principal?
We are seeking innovative teachers (counselors, psychologists, and so on) who want to learn to become future leaders to join the Aspiring Principals Academy (APA). The APA, sponsored by the BYU–Public School Partnership, is made up of teachers who meet several times during the year to explore the principalship. It is a great way to see if school leadership is a good career path for you; it is also a great way to give yourself a leg up in applying for principal preparation programs and future leadership positions. If you are an educator from one of the BYU Public School Partnership Schools, your district will cover the full cost of your attendance. Educators from other districts are encouraged to apply as well. We will work with you and your district to try and get your substitutes covered as well.
|Date of Session||Time||Where||Topic|
Specific Dates Differ for Each District
|Times Differ for Each District||At District Offices||Intro to Principal Leadership
UELS 1: Visionary Leadership
|October 19||Evening 4-6 p.m.||Virtual||UELS 2: Teaching & Learning|
|November 9||Full Day||BYU Campus||UELS 5: School Improvement|
|December 7||Evening 4-6 p.m.||Virtual||UELS 3: Management for Learning
UELS 4: Community Engagement
|January 11||Evening||Virtual||UELS 7 Equity & Cultural Responsiveness|
|February 8||Full Day||BYU Campus||UELS 6: Ethical Leadership|
Why Join the Aspiring Principals Academy?
- Which leadership skills you will need
- What it takes to be a principal
- Whether leadership is the right path for you.
- Expanded networking opportunities
- Increased insight into district cultures
- Information about the BYU School Leadership Program.
We expect you to:
- Try and attend every session (tentative schedule above)
- Complete assigned readings before each session
- Actively participate and enjoy the sessions.
No cost, as:
- You will not be charged to participate
- The cost of your substitutes will be covered
- A $1,000 scholarship is possible if you apply and are accepted to the BYU School Leadership Program. (This scholarship will be prorated based on attendance at all APA sessions.)
Applications are now open! We encourage you to speak with your principal about joining us for the 2022–2023 Aspiring Principals Academy.
Applications are due by August 26, 2022.
|Alpine District: Scott Sumneremail@example.com|
|Canyons District: McKay Robinson||McKay.Robinson@canyonsdistrict.org|
|Granite District: Paulette McMillanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nebo District: RaShel Shepherdemail@example.com|
|Jordan District: Becky Gerberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Provo City District: Jason Coxemail@example.com|
|Wasatch County District: Garrick Petersonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Davis District: Gwen Hillemail@example.com|
|Toole District: Jeff Hammfirstname.lastname@example.org|