- Utah Dance Educators Organization (UDEO)
- National Dance Educators Organization (NDEO)
- Shape America (SHAPE)
- Dance and The Child International (daCi)
Activities, Tools, and Resources
- USOE Core Curriculum Resources in Dance:
- Brain Dance
- Creative Dance Lesson Plans by Erika Cravath (2nd & 5th grades)
- Dance Concept Poems by Anne Green Gilbert
- Give Me Five - Dance safety rules
- Movement Quality Words
- Music for modern dance
- Peter Jones’ Music
- Christopher Benstead’s Music for Dance on Spotify
- Folk Dance Materials - Ed Austin, BYU World Dance Dept. 801-422-3384
- Aubree Weiler's Wheatley Research Project
- Sannafolkstyle.com - a great collection of folk dances
- Drums by Marko Johnson - 801-487-7110
- Book to Boogie
- Dancing Words Blog
- Joyce, Mary. First Steps in Teaching Creative Dance to Children. New York, NY: McGraw Hill, 1993. ( Chris Roberts says anyone can teach dance with these step-by-step instructions.)
- Gilbert, Anne Green. Brain Compatible Dance Education. Available through AGG Productions, Seattle, WA.
- Gilbert, Anne Green. Creative Dance For All Ages. National Dance Association, 1992.
- Jones, Bill T. and Kuklin, Susan. Dance. New York, NY: Hypherion Books, 1998.
- Anne Dunkin. Dancing in Your School: A Guide for Pre-school and Elementary School Teachers. Heightstown, NJ: Princeton Book Company, 2006.