What does ASHA require before you can work as an SLP or AuD?

Being "certified" means holding the Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC), a nationally recognized professional credential that represents a level of excellence in the field of Audiology (CCC-A) or Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP). Those who have achieved the CCC—ASHA certification—have voluntarily met rigorous academic and professional standards, typically going beyond the minimum requirements for state licensure. They have the knowledge, skills, and expertise to provide high quality clinical services, and they actively engage in ongoing professional development to keep their certification current.” Find out more here.

Look here for more specifics about what is required to be an SLP/AuD.

To be licensed to practice in a particular state, you will need to apply for a clinical license. Once you have completed your master’s degree in Communication Disorders, you can apply for your license. You will need to reach out to Tara Goulding (tara_goulding@byu.edu) in the McKay School advisement office, who will gather the necessary documents, i.e., your proof of graduation, Praxis exam results, etc., and present that to the Utah Licensing Board.