Are you interested in education policy and how it shapes our schools and communities?
Would you like to influence education policy?
We are seeking educators and influencers who want to engage in education policy. Join us as a member of BYU's Education Policy Institute (EPI). EPI, sponsored by the BYU–Public School Partnership, is made up of educators and education influencers who meet four times during the year to explore current education policy, evaluate Utah education policy, and engage in Utah's education policy process. It is a great way to see if education policy interests you; it is also a great way to determine if you would like to more deeply engage and study education policy. We welcome all individuals interested in education policy work. If you are an educator from one of the BYU-Public School Partnership Schools, your district will cover the full cost of your attendance. Educators from other districts are encouraged to apply as well. We will work with you and your district to try and get your substitutes covered as well.
|Date of Session||Time||Where||Topic|
|September 20||9:00 - 3:00||BYU/WSC||Examine Utah Education Policies; Review of 2023 Legislative Session|
|November 15||9:00 - 3:00||BYU/WSC||Preview Utah 2024 Legislative Session|
|February 7||Full Day||Capitol Building||Visit the capitol and the 2024 General Legislative Session|
|April 17||9:00 - 3:00||BYU/WSC||What now? Review of the session and next steps|
Why Join the Education Policy Institute?
- How policies are created
- How to contribute to education policy and opportunities for all learners in a diverse community
- How to engage with all stakeholders who impact education policy
- How to have a voice in the decision-making processes
- How to continue your study of education policy
- Expanded networking opportunities, both with interested colleagues and with active policy-makers.
- Opportunity to engage in education policy.
- Information about the BYU Education Policy Studies program.
We expect you to:
- Join us for each session. (tentative schedule above)
- Complete assigned readings before each session.
- Actively participate (we need to hear each of your voices) and enjoy the sessions.
No cost, as:
- You will not be charged to participate
- A $1,000 scholarship is possible if you apply and are accepted to the BYU Education Policy Program. (This scholarship will be prorated based on attendance at all EPI sessions.)
Applications are now open! We encourage you to consider joining us for the 2023–2024 BYU Education Policy Institute.
Applications are due June 9, 2023, for early application consideration.If space is available, we will accept applications until August 25, 2023.Apply Here