Overview: Release of Information requests are required for any documentation that results in the EAC sharing student’s personal educational information with a third party. We are unable to fulfill any of the following requests without an accompanying Release of Information form.
Available Options and their specific Process:
An institutional verification may be required by the state (other than Utah) that a student may be seeking teacher licensure. To be able to process an institutional verification, the graduate must submit the following forms:
- A State Institutional Verification Form from the state in which you are applying for licensure. Complete only the applicant's information. Do not fill in any information designated to be filled in by university personnel.
- Release of Information Form. In order for Brigham Young University to release information regarding your institutional verification, you must fill out and sign a Release of Information Form. Please include it as a cover letter when you send us your State Institutional Verification Form.
Please allow 10 business days to process your request.
For each institutional verification needed, please email, mail, fax, or hand-deliver the following documents to the Education Advisement Center (EAC) office in 350 MCKB.
Student Teaching/Internship Evaluations
We have available evaluations from 1960 to 2014. Evaluations from 2014 or later can be obtained on the students mYlink account: https://mylink.byu.edu/home/.
Loan Deferment Request Letter
To request a letter addressed to your lender, please complete the following Release of Information Form.
Praxis II Test Scores (2004–2014 only)
Letter of Completion Request Form
Letters of completion provide official verification that a student has completed or will complete the necessary requirements to receive a degree and/or teaching license.
Letters of completion are written for a student who is
- graduated or is scheduled to graduate,
- waiting for his or her teaching license,
- seeking employment,
- seeking entrance into graduate school, or
- interning and needs to provide verification to his or her housing manager.
Letter of completion requests can be brought in, faxed, mailed, or emailed to the following location:
Education Advisement Center
McKay School of Education
Provo, UT 84602
Fax: (801) 422-0195
Page updated 12/8/2021