Application Deadline: February 5
To apply, please click here and begin your application.
- CPSE 203* (can be taken as early as freshman year)
- CPSE 425**
- MthED 305
- PETE 461** (for severe disabilities emphasis only)
These courses must be completed prior to beginning the special education program, along with 20 hours of volunteer work: 10 hours each in a mild/moderate and a severe disabilities setting.
**This course is only offered during winter semester.
Additional Qualifications That Will Give Applicants Preference
- At least 60 general education credit hours completed before beginning the program
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities (i.e., Special Education Exploratory Experience during CPSE 203)
- Commitment to the profession of special education
Students who are accepted must enter the program during the semester for which they applied. Those who are planning on serving a mission at the time they apply should specify the first semester they will return to BYU.
Applicants must commit to taking all coursework in sequence as listed, including spring/summer terms. In this program, each student is assigned to a cohort that takes all courses together in the outlined sequence. Deviation from this sequence is not permitted. The program starts each fall semester.
Each applicant may apply twice.